When I eat vegan I feel stronger and healthier. I don’t feel as heavy which is nice for running. Someone I know recommended a vegan site and book called The Vegan Stoner http://theveganstoner.blogspot.com/. the great thing about the site is everything is super easy to make and not intimidating. When I first started looking at Vegan recipes I felt like everything was so complicated! This site has super simple directions and even pictures showing the ingredients, So far everything I had tried on this site I have loved! The first recipe I tried was a Lentil Loaf and now it is a go to recipe. Most importantly the kids love the recipe so that is always a HUGE plus!
Original site: theveganstoner.blogspot.com/2011/11/blog-post.html
Vegan Lentil Loaf
1. Chop half and onion and a handful of walnuts
2. Mash 2 cups of cooked lentils in bowl with onion, walnuts, and 2 handfuls of crushed crackers
3. Mix in 2 cups of frozen veggies, a sprinkle of garlic, 4 spoonfuls of applesauce and 2 spoonfuls of ketchup
4. Pick into pan and top with ketchup
5. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes